Java is a popular general-purpose programming language and computing platform. It is fast, reliable, and secure language that is concurrent, class-based, object-oriented, and specifically designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. Java programming language was originally developed by Sun Microsystems which was initiated by James Gosling and released in 1995 as core component of Sun Microsystems’ Java platform (Java 1.0 [J2SE]).
Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode that can run on any Java virtual machine (JVM) regardless of computer architecture.
According to Oracle, the company that owns Java, Java runs on 3 billion devices worldwide.
Why to learn Java programming?
- Best for Beginners
- Simplicity & High Performance
- Wide range of Applications
- High Job availabilty
- Open Source
- One of the most widely used Programming language
- High paying jobs & practical applications
- No #3 on : Top 10 programming languages to learn in 2017
This Course is for anyone and everyone who wishes to learn the Core Java programming language starting from the very basics. Best suitable for IT students from various graduation/post-graduation courses like BSc.IT, BSC.CS, BCA, MSc.IT, MSc.CS, MCA. We will be covering the Object Oriented paradigms of Java programming in this course.
Most importantly we will be covering many practical programs based on the fundamental concepts that we learn so this will be very beneficial for IT students who have Core Java as a practical subject since we will be covering up most of the practical programs that are usually asked in practical exams.
This is a certification course and you will be presented with a certificate in a PDF format ( sample download).
Lectures : 30 (2hrs each)
Skill level : All Level
Language : English
Students : Max 15 per batch
Certificate : Yes
Flexible time slots
Basic Computer Knowledge
Carry your own Laptop
Rs 5000 /-
Unit 1 (6hrs)
- Introduction: History, architecture and its components, Java Class File, Java Runtime Environment, The Java Virtual Machine, JVM Components, The Java API, java platform, java development kit, Lambda Expressions, Methods References, Type Annotations, Method Parameter Reflection, setting the path environment variable, Java Compiler And Interpreter, java programs, java applications, main(), public, static, void, string args, statements, white space, case sensitivity, identifiers, keywords, comments, braces and code blocks, variables, variable name
- Data types: primitive data types, Object Reference Types, Strings, Auto boxing, operators and properties of operators, Arithmetic operators, assignment operators, increment and decrement operator, relational operator, logical operator, bitwise operator, conditional operator.
Unit 2 (6hrs)
- Control Flow Statements: The If…Else If…Else Statement, The Switch…Case Statement
Iterations: The While Loop, The Do … While Loop, The For Loop, The Foreach Loop, Labeled Statements, The Break And Continue Statements, The Return Statement
Classes: Types of Classes, Scope Rules, Access Modifier, Instantiating Objects From A Class, Initializing The Class Object And Its Attributes, Class Methods, Accessing A Method, Method Returning A Value, Method’s Arguments, Method Overloading, Variable Arguments [Varargs], Constructors, this Instance, super Instance, Characteristics Of Members Of A Class, constants, this instance, static fields of a class, static methods of a class, garbage collection.
Unit 3 (6hrs)
- Inheritance: Derived Class Objects, Inheritance and Access Control, Default Base Class Constructors, this and super keywords. Abstract Classes And Interfaces, Abstract Classes, Abstract Methods, Interfaces, What Is An Interface? How Is An Interface Different From An Abstract Class?, Multiple Inheritance, Default Implementation, Adding New Functionality, Method Implementation, Classes V/s Interfaces, Defining An Interface, Implementing Interfaces.
- Packages: Creating Packages, Default Package, Importing Packages, Using A Package.
Unit 4 (6hrs)
- Enumerations, Arrays: Two Dimensional Arrays, Multi-Dimensional Arrays, Vectors, Adding Elements To A Vector, Accessing Vector Elements, Searching For Elements In A Vector, Working With The Size of The Vector.
- Multithreading: the thread control methods, thread life cycle, the main thread, creating a thread, extending the thread class.
- Exceptions: Catching Java Exceptions, Catching Run-Time
Exceptions, Handling Multiple Exceptions, The finally Clause, The throws Clause
- Byte streams: reading console input, writing console output, reading file, writing file, writing binary data, reading binary data, getting started with character streams, writing file, reading file.
Unit 5 (6hrs)
- Event Handling: Delegation Event Model, Events, Event classes, Event listener interfaces, Using delegation event model, adapter classes and inner classes.
- Abstract Window Toolkit: Window Fundamentals, Component, Container, Panel, Window, Frame, Canvas. Components – Labels, Buttons, Check Boxes, Radio Buttons, Choice Menus, Text Fields, Text, Scrolling List, Scrollbars, Panels, Frames
- Layouts: Flow Layout, Grid Layout, Border Layout, Card Layout.
I am passionate about Programming & Development and I am a Java Developer. Also I love teaching and pursue teaching as a part time hobby. I have a bachelors degree in Information Technology(BSc.IT) and recently complete my Masters in Computer Application (MCA). I have worked on many freelance projects over the past 3-4years have have developed many web-applications, android Apps and more. i also love graphic designing and I am well versed in Adobe Illustrator, After effects & other Adobe Suite softwares.
Applications of Core Java
Games & GUI