Web development refers to building website and deploying on the web. Web development requires use of scripting languages both at the server end as well as at client end. It involves all the SDLC life cycle actvities right from the requirement gathering phase to the deployment and maintenance phase.
Reasons to learn Web Development and its advantages
- Internet world is on the rise.
- Many businesses are wanting to go digital
- Almost every institution now a days wants a website to showcase their services
This is an UpSkill Special course hence focus will be given more on the practical aspect of the entire syllabus rather than just theory. At the end of the course we will be create a small web application and implement all the fundamentals which we learn from the entire course.
Best suitable for IT students from various graduation/post-graduation courses like BSc.IT, BSC.CS, BCA, MSc.IT, MSc.CS, MCA.
This is a certification course and you will be presented with a certificate in a PDF format ( sample download).
Lectures : 30-35 (2hr each)
Skill level : All Level
Language : English
Students : Max 15 per batch
Certificate : Yes
Flexible time slots
Notes & Study Materials
Basic Computer Knowledge
Carry your own Laptop
Rs 7000 /-
1. Internet and the World Wide Web (6hrs)
- What is Internet? Introduction to internet and its applications, E-mail, telnet, FTP, e commerce, video conferencing, e-business. Internet service providers, domain name server, internet address, World Wide Web (WWW): World Wide Web and its evolution, uniform resource locator (URL), browsers – internet explorer, Netscape navigator, opera, Firefox, chrome, Mozilla. search engine, web saver – apache, IIS, proxy server, HTTP protocol
2. HTML5: (6hrs)
- Introduction, Why HTML5? Formatting text by using tags, using lists and backgrounds, Creating hyperlinks and anchors. Style sheets, CSS formatting text using style sheets, formatting paragraphs using style sheets.
- Creating navigational aids: planning site organization, creating text based navigation bar, creating graphics based navigation bar, creating graphical navigation bar, creating image map, redirecting to another URL, creating division based layouts: HTML5 semantic tags, creating divisions, creating HTML5 semantic layout, positioning and formatting divisions.
4. HTML5 Tables, Forms and Media (6hrs)
- Creating tables: creating simple table, specifying the size of the table, specifying the width of the column, merging table cells, using tables for page layout, formatting tables: applying table borders, applying background and foreground fills, changing cell padding, spacing and alignment, creating user forms: creating basic form, using check boxes and option buttons, creating lists, additional input types in HTML5, Incorporating sound and video: audio and video in HTML5, HTML multimedia basics, embedding video clips, incorporating audio on web page.
5. Java Script (12hrs)
- Operators: Assignment Operators, Comparison Operators, Arithmetic Operators, % (Modulus), ++(Increment), –(Decrement), -(Unary Negation), Logical Operators, String Operators, Special Operators, ?: (Conditional operator), (Comma operator), delete, new, this, void
- Statements: Break, comment, continue, delete, do…while, export, for, for…in, function, if…else, import, labelled, return, switch, var, while, with.
- Events and Event Handlers :General Information about Events, Defining Event Handlers, event, onAbort, onBlur, onChange, onClick, onDblClick, onDragDrop, onError, onFocus, onKeyDown, onKeyPress, onKeyUp, onLoad, onMouseDown, onMouseMove, onMouseOut, onMouseOver, onMouseUp, onMove, onReset, onResize, onSelect, onSubmit, onUnload
6. Bootsrtap Framework (12hrs)
- Introduction, mobile development, need for responsive web development.
- How bootstrap works: Layouts & containers. Media queries.
- Components of bootstrap.
- Using bootstrap to create a response website.
6. PHP (6hrs)
- Why PHP and MySQL? Server-side scripting, PHP syntax and variables, comments, types, control structures, branching, looping, termination, functions, passing information with PHP, GET, POST, formatting form variables, superglobal arrays, strings and string functions, regular expressions, arrays, number handling, basic PHP
7. Advanced PHP and MySQL (6hrs)
- PHP/MySQL Functions, Integrating web forms and databases, Displaying queries in tables, Building Forms from queries, String and Regular Expressions, Sessions, Cookies and HTTP, E-Mail
8. Login & Registration Web-App using HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, PHP & MySQL (6hrs)
- Practical work.
I am a tech enthusiast and love sharing knowledge on information technology an computer science oriented subjects. I have a bachelors degree in Information Technology(BSc.IT) and recently complete my Masters in Computer Application (MCA). I have been working on freelance projects over 3 years now and have also developed many websites & Android Apps. I also have my own YouTube Channel : Simple Snippets where I teach and share my knowledge on technology oriented subjects. Check out my full Resume : Click here.
Applications of Web Developement
Mobile Apps Development
Web Graphics and GUI
Enterprise Web Apps
Dynamic Web Apps